Architect, builder, engineer – I have been putting things together since I could first wield a hammer. I’ve been in love with coding since I found that a text editor was just as satisfying to build with. Starting in COBOL, moving through a solid foundation in VB6 and then .NET, I have settled, for now, in the realm of Open Source. My strengths are where coding, communication, and creativity converge.
General Manager, Lead Developer
2007 – Present
We-Care.com started out as a prototyping experiment to merge a charity mall and a coupon site. It has since become an incredible place to work, where hope and positive change come together through everyday online shopping. Tapping the Open Source pipeline, this fast-paced startup has pushed the popular, new affiliate marketing industry to its technological limits.
- Managing the development of our products from the ground up to current ongoing releases
- Designing and maintaining We-Care’s own PHP template library
- Hiring and Managing our tech team based on a love-to-learn philosophy
- Coordinating with our design and branding firm to make tech and aesthetics converge gracefully
- Building and maintaining our custom Java DNS Server
- Working with the original coders of the Squid Proxy Server to design custom proxy technology
- Using technology to prototype and innovate new revenue streams for We-Care.com
- Keeping tabs on APIs from Facebook to Rapleaf to see where we can integrate new features
- Developing, Maintaining, and Supporting a Win32 COM application distributed to over 200,000 users
- Designing and Coding We-Care.com's Web Services XML API for displaying any We-Care.com Mall content on partner sites
R&D Prototyper / Developer
2005 – 2008
At Didit, I worked directly with the Executive Chairman to develop new ideas in technology from Wordpress plugins to Custom Java HTTP Ad Servers. Different tasks required different languages, platforms, and mindsets, as project goals ranged from developing new ad media types to developing entirely new companies.
- Utilized bleeding edge Open Source to combine concepts in new ways, keeping Didit ahead of the competition
- Worked extensively with the HTTP Protocol
- Learned to manage time well across multiple projects and multiple due dates at once
- Learned to design and build rapidly to get new concepts to market in the shortest time possible
- Managed and trained a small staff of 1 – 3 developers
- Picked the brains of technology gurus from the CTO of Yahoo’s ad network to the CEO of OpenX in order to push the envelope on new ad server technology
2008 – Present
A firm built on creativity, hardwork, and an infallible “why not?”-attitude, Punchmark has gone from a small startup to a leading turnkey web-solution provider for the independent retail jewelry industry. Constant technological and design innovation keep this company turning heads with each new product release.
- Creating the technological blueprint for Punchmark’s turnkey jeweler website solution
- Building and maintaining SiteMaster – Punchmark’s custom Content Management System
- Rapidly assembling features in PHP, MySQL, Bash, Ruby, and Mongo DB
- Developing time/work estimates for clients as well as internal projects
Calling APIs/Webservices; High-distribution MS Win32 Com development; Deployment using the WiX Toolset to create MSI Installers and Related Custom Actions; Vastly familiar with HTTP, SMTP, other web protocols; Building numerous web crawlers and HTML scrapers spidering over 1,000,000 sites; Building distributable, auto-updating Firefox extensions, Managing developers in a high pressure startup environment; Developing custom software for Internet advertising/retargeting.
Non Profit Technology Network, 501TechClubNYC, New York Road Runners
- Founder and maintainer of NYIT-Programmers email list
- iMentor - currently mentoring a student from Queens Vocational High School
Hacking in Progress
- WigBox - An online MP3 repository with the ability to quickly build and then stream or zip playlists. Built in PHP/Ajax/SQLite/Perl
- AlternateSidesNYC - An online parking map of NYC showing alternate side, street sweeping, and no parking times for every block in Manhattan. Built in PHP/Ajax/MySQL
- 20" Wind Turbine - Built from a Dayton 12v permanent magnet motor, box fan propeller, and various other findings, this project will test the usability of the high-speed wind gusts between buildings in NYC.
B.S. in Computer Science, New York Institute of Technology, New York, NY
- Cumulative GPA: 3.94
- President: Computer Programming Consortium – winner 2006 “Most Improved Student Organization”
- Student Government Senator: School of Eng. & Dsgn. – winner 2006 “Outstanding SGA Senator of the Year”
- NYIT Academic Scholarship
- Golden Key International Honour Society
Norwalk Community College, Norwalk, CT
Associate of Science in Computer Information Systems - Dean’s List
Associate of Science in Business Administration - Dean’s List
- Certificate – Relational Database Development in Oracle
- Certificate – COBOL Programming